Lemon Chicken Pasta Alfredo
Part 1: Lemon Chicken Breasts
1/4 cup good olive oil
3 tablespoons minced garlic (9 cloves)
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4-6 boneless chicken breasts
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute but don’t allow the garlic to turn brown. Off the heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt and pour into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish.
Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle them liberally with salt and pepper. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Part 2: Lemon Pasta Alfredo
Adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen
- 1 lb fettuccine or penne pasta
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. lemon zest (depending on how lemony you like it)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rosemary for garnish, optional
- Cook noodles in salted water according to package instructions and drain. Don’t rinse (this helps the sauce stick to the noodles better)
- In large sauce pan, over medium/high heat, add 2 Tbsp butter and onion and sauté onion till golden. Stir in garlic and sauté another minute. Stir in ⅓ cup white wine and reduce to about 25%.
- Stir in Cream and simmer until it starts to thicken. Add parmesan (or add to taste) and stir until creamy and smooth. Add paprika and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and stir in drained, un-rinsed pasta, and lemon chicken. Garnish with rosemary, extra parmesan and freshly cracked pepper if desired.