Toddlers make messes so fast! I get everything put back together and within hours toys
seem to be are everywhere…
My mom has been sick and we hadn’t seen her for the past two weeks. Last night she came over to hang out with the boys and I – yay!
Jeffrey brought MeMa into his “once again messy room” and the first thing he asked was, “Will you clean my room MeMa? Will you clean my room?”
Mommy fail and one more lesson to be taught – how to clean! Definitely necessary I suppose!
So in honor of Pecan Day we (mainly me) cleaned Jeff’s room and put it back to order. We read The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room and I even got some organization ideas. Ha!
So overall not a very exciting day but I did make Pecan Butterscotch Toffee Bars for dessert. Yum!
Pecan Butterscotch Toffee Shortbread Bars
- 2.5 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 cup shortening, melted
- 1/2 package Toffee Bits
- 1/2 bag Butterscotch Chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and melted shortening. Press this mixture into the bottom of a greased 8″ square baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the shortbread is baking mix together the toffee bits, butterscotch chips, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and chopped pecans. Pour this mixture over the crust and bake for another 20 minutes until the top is bubbling.
- Cool completely and serve!