Instead of going with the normal Easter Ham I decided to make soup, salad and homemade breadsticks.
This Chicken and Gnocchi Soup turned out so yummy and made for a perfect Easter meal!
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- Saute the onion, celery, garlic, carrot in oil over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken, chicken stock, half and half, salt and pepper, thyme. Heat to boiling, then add gnocchi. Gently boil for 4 minutes, then turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- (Heat to boiling and add cornstarch dissolved in 1-2 Tbsp. water at this point if you want a thicker soup.).
- Ladle into bowls and serve!
Don’t forget your homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks.