This is an excellent oatmeal cookie recipe but I’m not sure where it came from. I usually don’t like raisins in my cookies but in these I do! The secret is to soak the raisins in the egg mixture. They turn out so good!
Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Cookies
Makes about 56 cookies
3 eggs, well beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup raisins
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Beat eggs and vanilla in small bowl. Add raisins and let them soak for an hour (this is a very important step).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- In a separate bowl mix together flours, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture and egg mixture to the creamed butter.
- Once combined add in oatmeal and pecans.
- Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Place on middle rack and bake for 8-10 minutes (10 minutes was perfect for my oven). Take them out when they are lightly browned.
- Let cool and enjoy!
One thought on “Oatmeal Raisin Pecan Cookies”