The boys and I figured it was about time we celebrated a holiday, lucky for us it was National Corn Fritter Day – something new to try.
This boy is a ball of energy and always so excited to help me cook but as soon as it’s picture time I get this bored expression… hmm…
Thankfully Jack helped me out – we all need a good smile to make our day!
Frying up some corn fritters – the ones I baked didn’t turn out so fried they stay.
Look at this crispy beauty!
Jeffrey really liked them but of course gave me a non-committal face…
And Jack refused to eat anything but Mango so maybe it’s just me who likes to try new things?
I loved mine with avocado. I bet sour cream would taste great too!
Adapted from Food.com
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Boil corn for 3 minutes. Remove corn and set aside.
- Put eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl and beat.
- Add flour and baking powder, whisk until smooth.
- Add corn and cheese.
- Put butter and oil in fry pan. Heat until bubbly over medium heat.
- Drop corn mixture in spoonful lots into fry pan.
- When golden turn and cook other side.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve.